Friday, June 20, 2008

What I Saw Today

Well, technically, Tuesday.

I always try to post What I Saw Today on the day I saw it. However, sometimes the jeep junkie has other ideas so....anyway.

On the way to Jessica and Dad's Sanford Adventure, while stopped waiting for a CSX train to clear the US 1 crossover, I looked down a side street in Daytona Beach and saw this.

While anxious to see Jessica, I had to go take a look, as I was stuck in traffic anyway. As you may, or may not, remember, I mentioned here I am not a huge fan of Muscle Cars, but this one is intriguing. It is a classic old 1970 Dodge Challenger. The best part of this car is the Owner uses it as a daily driver, not as a muscle car. As you can see in these photos, it is in original condition, and decaying by the moment. The paint is two toned yellow, not painted that way but faded that way. Not one wheel matches the other, and not a hubcap in sight. The bonnet has a lock on it to protect the V8, but is it a Hemi? The license paint is a current registration, but Florida, no, you check it out. Cracked dash, cracked rear seats, interior full of junk, a timeless old piece of transportation.







that's right, New Mexico.












1 comment:

The CDM said...

Almost brings a tear to my eye.