Sunday, June 15, 2008

The Jeep's Virgin Beach Run

the jeep junkie and James clandestinely stopped by today after taking the Jeep on it's virgin beach run. They stayed a bit while Ed wolfed down a couple beers and refreshed my memory of certain occurences to be blogged later.

As they were leaving, the jeep junkie told me to grab my camera and get some shots of the sand on the Jeep tires.

Here they are.

Sorry, still learning about the Polaroid.

That's better.

Shortly after I shot this, James was trying to start the Jeep and it wouldn't start. Ed has it rigged up with a key, but that is only for show. There is a plain old toggle switch your need to flip and engage the starter button.

James forgot to flip that switch and the motor just turned over and over.

"Choke it."

"Got gas?"

"You sure?"

"I think so, I can smell it."

It was a tense minute or so.

Finally, Ed made him get out and Ed tries it and it just turns over and over.

I went over and looked in the gas tank to see if I could make out any fuel in there. To dark, of course.

James and I just stood there watching.

At last, Ed realized the absentmindedness of James and flipped it up and the Jeep immediately burst to life.

We all started laughing.

Guess ya had to be there. Glad I was.

No comments: