Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Well it worked, so here goes

Since I was able to figure out how to add links, demonstrated in my previous post, I have gained a bit of confidence and will move on in my short blogging career.

I will be expanding on each of the following topics in coming posts.

I am a 48 yo male, divorced, have a beautiful daughter who lives with her mom and her other dad in Naples, Florida.

My entire career has been in the construction industry, but last month was laid off from my job as a Sales Manager for an interior home design center. Yeah, I know, I couldn't have been much of a Sales Manager if I couldn't make the place succeed but the economy is just that bad in new home construction. You can see the website here. But I digress.

As of this coming weekend, I will have moved from Sl-Ocala, Florida to Ormond Beach, Florida, which is just north of Daytona Beach. I am in the approval process of leasing a small condo, about 5 blocks from the beach. It is really deco, well as deco as the early 70's can be, and I hope I get it. The price is right and there is always an ocean breeze.

I am from a large family, scattered all over the world, but with 1/2 living in, or based out of, Florida. I am originally from the Ozark Mountain region of Southwest Missouri. The Beverly Hillbilly's were from this area also. Beautiful Countryside.

Finally, the name of my blog, ByTheNumbers. I am a car fanatic.

Not just any cars,

not really muscle cars



this is the only pic of a muscle car I have in my library, but I kind of like this one)

not really big ass trucks



That is my nephew, the Kid, in this picture. I have a white F150, of the same vintage but 2wd, he and his dad were using at the time. James nicknamed it Casper, "John-John, that thing has 350,000 miles on it!! It should be dead!! It's still alive, it must be a ghost, we should call it Casper." Well it stuck. As James and I were walking around the Daytona International Speedway during the Rolex 24 Hour Race last year, we saw this and I said to James, "That is Casper's Uncle". We both had a genuine laugh over that one.

But I like cars such as these:










Can't seem to get more pics to load but you get the idea. Off the wall, old stuff, rare stuff, stock stuff. I like them all.
I have three cars currently, and none of them have model names, just numbers. Sure they have makes but, get this, Volvo 850, BMW 325, Ford (F)150. Okay, Okay, the f150 is a stretch, but you get the idea. Anyway, all numbers. Hence the title, by the numbers.

This is pretty fun, always liked writing anyway. Next time, I will try to find something interesting to write about. Til then.

No comments: