Saturday, June 14, 2008

Conundrums, Conundrums

Like the bus, here, I am going through my old photos and digitizing most of them. But I am in a conundrum over what to do with the original hard copies. I have a mini storage unit I am renting and I am trying to get it cleaned out. I don't have a lot of storage in my condo hence the conundrum. What to do with this old stuff?


This is a photo of a Walton County, Florida truck hauling confiscated pot plants. circa 1979

This is a 1965 advertising rate card for my Dad's old newspaper.

This is an unused card. No text on the inside. Where did I get it and why did I keep it?


This is a picture of Peyson Comer and me dating to 1979. I haven't seen her since then and have no idea what she is doing today. I always had the hots for her but she had the hots for Cole Taylor. Oh well.

These are old pics of my nieces and nephews and one of me. Lil Jim took the one of Trey and I forgot I had the ones of him. Those go in the envelope with the DIS sticker for the Bus.

This is a 1969 gas receipt from my Dad's travels. Gas was 34.9 cents a gallon. Those days are gone. I have a bunch of these. Ah, the conundrum.

Two unused postcards of the Pacific Northwest?

This old, old pic of my daughter's Mom, taken long before we were lovers.


Ticket stubs from the Gator football game I went to with Wanda Watkins.




Pictures of me with old girlfriends. A lot of them.

The girl in this last picture. There is a story I had forgotten.

I met this girl, forgotten her name, when I lived in Grayton Beach in the last 70's and early 80's. She was from New Orleans and visiting there with a girlfriend and we hooked up for the week.

A year or so later, I had flown into the Ozarks for some reason. I hooked up with some old buddies and we were going to take one's VW Bus to New Orleans to party and then head to my place in Grayton Beach.

While we were out partying in the Big Easy, I ran into this girl. She took me home for the night. The next morning, I could not remember what the hotel was, so I had her drop me off on I-10 and I would hitchhike to Grayton Beach. I was standing there along the Interstate in slacks, loafers and carrying a corduroy sports coat. Almost the first car picked me up and took me all the way to Grayton Beach as he was heading to Panama City. I asked him why he picked me up. He told me I looked pretty harmless in the corduroy sport coat.

My buddies were waiting for me on the beach.

Oh well,

The pics of family will be returned to them, but the rest, probably will file them in the round file under the kitchen sink, destined for the landfill.

No comments: