Monday, June 2, 2008

What I Saw Today

As I mentioned in the previous post, I was driving around checking out parts of my new hometown. As I was driving down Riverside Drive, I looked over at the Halifax River, also the Intercoastal Waterway here, and this is what I saw.



Yep, a tugboat pushing a barge, either up or down stream. I don't know yet which way the current flows, but I will find out. Anyway, this barge is headed south. The tall bridge in the background is State Road 40 upon which I travelled from Sl-Ocala to my new hometown. This view is from the mainland looking east. The body of land is referred to as Beachside vs. where I am standing, Mainland. The buildings in the backgound are beachfront condos.

I was driving down Riverside and pulled into a waterside city park and walked out on the pier and took this pic. The last time I remember seeing one of these was many, many years ago when I took a trip with my Dad to Cape Girardeau, Missouri and we saw a bunch of these on the Mississippi River. I just stood on that pier watching that barge go by and thought good thoughts about my experiences with my Dad and wouldn't change any of them. Miss you RGL.

No comments: