Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Short Road Trip

Gotta a call from my daughter Jessica last night. She, Mom and her other Dad are heading out for their annual trip to the Northeast.

They catch the Amtrak Autotrain and take that minivan I referred to here, load it on the train in Sanford, about 45 minutes away from the Birthplace of Speed, and head to just outside of Washington, DC.

They have a close friend who has a place on Lake Placid in upstate New York, Rick has family all over the DC area and they just tool around.

I am glad Jessica is having such a great upbringing. Straight "A"s every report card for as long as I can remember.

Anyway, Jess called and wants me to meet up with them in Sanford. They have to be there 3 hours before departure so Amtrak can get that van loaded.

Headed off now. I know it will be great to see Jessica. More details later.

No comments: