Monday, June 16, 2008

Just for Jim


















I was on the phone a few minutes ago with the bus and asked him how to perform a repair to the plastic on diecast cars.

It seems when this Land Rover was in the James Lee International Auto and Truck Museum, it, like my dad's tractor, you can see that here and here, the wheel fell off.

Now the jeep junkie was pissed off, but as the owner of that rare truck, I was not. I know James, or whoever, did not mean to cause the wheel to fall off, I am certain it was an accident. It's not like it was left out in the rain or deliberately smashed up.

Plus, I have a couple other vehicles I need to patch up and need to find out what will work. Not Super Glue, Not model car cement, Not this Plastic weld I got at the hobby shop. Noone seems to know, although I'll let the jeep junkie take a look at it. He is pretty good with that kind of stuff. If any of you bloggers know how to perform this repair, a comment would be helpful and appreciated.

Anyway, when the bus knew of the existence of these trucks, he wanted photos. Here they are, along with a couple of my mint Tonka Firetrucks.

No comments: