Sunday, June 22, 2008

On The Road, By The Numbers

As I have been mentioning, I am road tripping it to the Ozarks to deliver those truckster doors to the bus and the table from Mom and Dad's old music room to the horse rancher and the barngoddess. I plan on staying off the interstates as much as possible, as I have traveled every one of them between here and there. And unlike, Daniels Big Trip, I will probably not be headed toward any government run institutions, just try to find cool stuff, not seen before by me.

I have been trying to come up with a name for this adventure, and With a Nod of the Head to Charles Kuralt, I have named it the title of this post.

I spoke to the jeep junkie about an oil change and tire rotation to the 850* before I left On The Road. He said to bring it by the shop on Saturday morning and we'll take care of it. So I did. When I arrived, I looked around a bit while Ed was finishing up some other paperwork.

Saw one of the techs doing an oil change on this HD Supply truck. $130.00*

Ed mentioned the rear axle was bad on this town car. $1,300.00*

Finally got the 850* up on the rack. Got the tires rotated, oil changed, fluids topped off.

Afterward, Ed cleaned up.

The 850* is all ready to go. $20.18.* Thanks Ed, you are great and it is fun living around you.

No comments: