Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Happy Birthday BBB

Tomorrow, December 11, is my BigBrotherBob's Birthday. It must be tough being the oldest of ten kids, but BBB has done alright in my mind. It couldn't have been easy growing up in the 50's and 60's and watching all that transpired in that era come to fruition.

All my memories of BBB, in fact all my older brothers, the Bus and thehorsefarmer, are great ones. Hell, I even enjoy the memories in the making of my little brother, thejeepjunkie and the Kid.

Below is a picture of BBB and me when I was a mere infant sitting on BBB's lap at, what is probably, 19 St. Charles Place in Shrewsbury, Missouri, a bedroom community in the St. Louis area. No idea of what the purpose or reasoning of this shot was but being raised as a child of a photographer, candid shots were the order of the day. I must say, I look pretty content sitting on the lap of that 13 or 14 year old.

This was a shot taken in 1967. Mom and Dad had all of us kids get all "duded" up for pictures before BBB headed off to save the world for us. BBB is great, always thinking of others. He got the "house" a killer Magnavox Console TV and Stereo for us, as well as a cool swing set, before he went overseas. Just so we would have a memory of him in case he didn't return. Thankfully he did.

This picture is of he and I on his Honda 450 just before a trip to KC to visit thefuturehorsefarmer and his bride. That ride was a trip. BBB constantly admonished that 16 year old boy pictured to "Quit moving around so much, this isn't a Bus!!"

And BBB always treated thejeepjunkie and I to a great time. Whether in the snow,

In the creek,

or just letting us go off by ourselves in his toys.

Now, since BBB has moved to Buccaneerland, thejeepjunkie and I have been honored to have been invited to his home on several occasions and, always, have the time of our lives.

And I have to tell you, it is great being from a large, close knit, at least for the brothers, family.

Whether fishing in the old CJ

Working on the ole CJ...

Working on that Coop deVille...

Or building that waterfall by the pool....

A total blast....

And from this oldman to you...


Happy Birthday Bob...and a raise of that cocktail to many more.

Love you Bob and thanks for so much.

No comments: