Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Christmas Decorations

Now, to date, I have posted a bunch about the Kid, thejeepjunkie, BBB, the Bus, and thehorsefarmer but I have only done one about BSJ...that would be Baby Sister Joan. Now I realize that at about 42, or so, she is no longer a baby, but, sorry Joan, you will always be my Baby Sister. Anyway, I did a blog about her way back in June, on which the Bus gave me a great compliment, but I have not had the opportunity to do another since then.

I was hoping to get to see her this past Thanksgiving but sometimes things just don't work out. I do remember the last time I saw her she was totally wrapped up in this whole texting thing that this old man still doesn't get. I mean, I text from my laptop, take photos from my digital camera and talk on my cell phone. Sometimes I believe I am turning into The Gentleman Farmer and only thejeepjunkie can identify with this.

Anyway, this evening, BSJ, BBB and I have been trading emails about a project BSJ's daughter is working on for an extra credit school project and BSJ is proud that she finally got up her Christmas lights.

I am happy for her also and thought I would include her photo of this installation. Gretchen Wilson would be proud.

Love ya Joanie. Happy Holidays.

3 comments:

Deb said...

That photo is a riot! I did Christmas lights outside for a couple of years, but sections would go out, squirrels would attack it, ice would pull them off so I gave up. After seeing the tangled ball of lights though, I am once again inspired!

Anonymous said...

WE once left our christmas tree up all year long.
Came hollowwean and we had a ball with it.
Of course we lived in Hawaii at the time.
oh well,
ain't no outside lights here..... well unless the Barngoddess1 tells me I have to put them up.
tom

Busplunge said...

Who is gretchen wilson?
John, you and Ed need to check out the bus.