Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Bentleys, Boats and Brothers

So, on Tuesday morning, I picked up Jessica and we went out to get her new cell phone hooked up. I guess I am not a great of a geographer as I thought I was, either that, or there are to many new shopping centers in my old hometown, because the center I thought it was in, it wasn't. So we just went off exploring and the eager Jessica found another Metro PCS location and we got her set up.

After that experience was completed, we headed over to Waterside Shoppes, a toney, upscale shopping center containing our ultimate destination, Barnes and Noble, to complete Jessica's Christmas shopping adventure. Yeah, she loves to read. As we were leaving, Jessica spotted a Maserati Quattroporte.

While at Waterside, I saw, inside of two minutes, three new Bentley coupes, all of them black.

We finished that excursition and set off for the Villages of Venetian Bay for lunch. It was a wonderful experience, bayside, and Jessica told me about the program she is engaged in to gain her a separate high school diploma which will look exceptional on her transcript when applying for college. When leaving, I spotted a Bentley sedan in the parking lot.

After we left, we were heading down to Olde Naples and back to her home, and I spotted this, the second one we had seen that day.


In front of the gas station next door, I spotted thehorsefarmer's new means of transportation around Haven Lee Farm.

I also spotted this newer drop top

and this classic coupe.

I then kind of assumed Bentley's would factor into this blog.

Anyway, Jessica and I headed back to her place and parted ways for a bit. On my way back to the 50's, I got a call from my good buddy Justin inquiring if I would be interested in a sunset cruise out on his brother Jason's boat? Hell yes. Justin tells me they are at NAPA getting some parts to fix the automatic bildge pump on the boat and would be back to the dock in about 15 minutes. I head on over and wait for them to arrive.

They showed up a few minutes later and, while Jason headed for Diet Cokes, Justin and I went on down to the dock. This is Justin preparing to get to it.


Now Jason and Justin are much like thejeepjunkie and the longrooffan. Justin does the work while Jason is in the assist mode. It was amusing to observe. The following video is about 4 minutes long and you can see them in action.


Yeah, just as full of it as the Lee boys.

Later, they got to fixing the radio and pulled this contraption out of that glove box. It was a wiring mess in there.

They got it all buttoned up and we headed out to Naples Bay to head down to the Pass to get out to the Gulf.

On the way, we spotted this submerged sailboat, similar to the one seen here.

Then on into the Gulf of Mexico.

Justin got a shot of me with that setting sun and a sailboat full of tourists in the background.

And I got one of them. Just not as clear though.

All in all, a fun day and that is

What I Saw Today, On The Road, In The oleragtop.

1 comment:

Horse-farmer said...

hey can we salvage that half over sailboat and set sail for tungston bay drinking martinis and margarettas????

and eventually sail around the horn