Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Goodbye Oleragtop2

On Monday, I was heading out somewhere and noticed a pink tag attached to the antenna of my wrecked oleragtop2, parked under a body cover down on the street where I live.

I stopped and checked it out and, of course, it was a notice to remove the car or it would be towed.

I headed over to thejeepjunkie's shop and discussed with him my dilemma.

As I had previously stripped all the cosmetic stuff off that oleragtop2, the remaining stuff I wanted was basically, the drive line items I had replaced. Struts, shocks, brake rotors, rack and pinion gear. A bunch of fairly valuable stuff, but once those parts are removed, the car is no longer a roller and that would not work here on the street at the Taj Mahal.

I finally came to the realization that, right now, the almighty dollar is a helluva lot more important to me than some parts I could use at some undetermined point in the future. thejeepjunkie made a few calls and sold it for parts for $125.00

While it would have been worth $400.00 last summer, I told him have them send a hook. And they did.

Just to refresh your memory, this is a shot of oleragtop1.

This is oleragtop2, in better days.

And this is it post trauma.

The video in the following post is one I took of the dude loading that oleragtop2 on his trailer for transport to the great MickeyMouseLand area.

And, as can only happen the longrooffan, when the guy was working his winch, it broke and he tried to jerry-rig it and wore the battery down. That is why oldragtop3 is jumping that battery in the video.

When the dude came to pick up the car, he asked me what the yard had offered for it. I told him, "A buck and a quarter." He mentioned I must have had a good salesman. Well, thejeepjunkie does have that gift of gab so he got a 20% commission on that sale.

Enjoy the video and Celebrate Life.

1 comment:

Horse-farmer said...

Typical Lee ...........

hire someone to haul your junk away and you have to help them get it so they can haul it away.....
LOL
great video of the oleragtop heading for newer pastures.

ps I'd probably done the same thing.