Saturday, December 13, 2008

What I Saw Today

So, I was down at thejeepjunkies shop, lamenting the fact that I need a water pump on my newoleragtop and no longer have a parts car!! Of course, two days after the wrecked oleragtop went to a location unknown, I fire up the newoleragtop and hear a funky noise from under the bonnet and head down to thejeepjunkie's shop where I am informed I need a water pump!! Never fails!!

Anyway, thejeepjunkie and I are outside one of the bays and I look across the street to the Piccadilly Cafeteria and see this rare old beast.

It is, I believe, a 1963 Cadillac 2 door sedan. Sweet! The GentlemanFarmer used to own one just like this. Never got to drive that baby but it was a nice one. Enjoy the pics.







The decal is certifying membership in the Cadillac/LaSalle Club.

No grilles like this on anything manufactured in the last 30 years!!

And that is What I Saw Today.

4 comments:

The CDM said...

Book 'em Dano! (Hawaii 5-0 music)

Busplunge said...

Gentleman Farmer Cadillac was 1964, huge auto, sold to Carol for her daughter Rebecca under the theory of have your teenaged daughter in a bigger car than anyone else, she won't get hurt in the wreck.
cost Carol $600 to bring it to Florida from Missouri. She gave I think $3,000 for the car.

It was a clean car that everything worked in it.

Busplunge said...

Hey CDM, check out the parking job on this boat!

The CDM said...

Upon further reflection, I see that this dolt didn't want to take a chance on messing up the front end by risking the rear end.

Upon even further reflection...that last statement came out kinda messed up.