Monday, December 22, 2008

Back To The 50's

So as I have mentioned, I am On The Road In The oleragtop. I am down in my old hometown, Jessica's, my daughter, hometown, for the holidays.

When I am in Naples, I stay with my "adopted" little sister Carri.

I blogged about her here.

Now, Carri is a ton of fun and we laugh our asses off when we are together. Yesterday, On The Road In The oleragtop, I got a piece of sand in my eye. I tried to work it out and it ended up in my tear duct. It didn't hurt, join more of a pain in the butt. Last night as Carri and I were sitting around laughing it up, I was laughing so hard I had tears in my eyes and that piece sand flowed away.

Yeah, she is that type of friend.

Carri is as fanatical about the 50's as I am about all things automotive. Her entire three bedroom condo is decorated in the 50's motif. Check it out. The two Coca Cola trucks on the bottom shelf of that display, I got for her, an old Mack and a late model Mercedes. Of course, auto related stuff from me!!

Coca Cola is a predominant theme in her kitchen. And, yes, that is a Celebrate Life magnet on her frig!

She has a little dachshund/maltese mix and that blanket on the sofa looks just like him.

Route 66 is the theme of the living room.

Her office is geared towards her time in the entertainment industry. She has photos of herself with damn near every 80's rock and roll star!!

Carri has gone as far as purchasing the minature replica of an old Crosley jukebox.

Hell, Elvis has his own room.

He and I are roommates when I visit these here parts.



I find it is the Heartbreak Hotel due to my lack of female company. But as my buddy Justin says, "It is hard to have romance without finance."

Even her lanai is decorated in this motif.

And my bathroom, where the Route 66 theme continues.

And her Christmas Tree....looks like mine, heh?

And this is my nephew, Presley.

Just to let you know.

Hope I don't have any Elvis based dreams tonite. Ann Margaret based is okay though!!

And remember to Celebrate Life.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey John!

to move a blog post, you have to copy it, and create a new post and paste it, save it, got back save as a draft the old post and there you are!

It is cold up here!

Anonymous said...

And I thought I knew some OC people. This one is way beyond the folks I know. Be careful, very careful.

Horse-farmer said...

Carrie can come visit us anytime she wants.
That little rag would get along well with the Little Princess's rag dog.

glad you are enjoying

Anonymous said...

Does having to spit anytime anyone says "Jeff Gordon", is that a sign of OC?

If it it, be careful, very careful of where you walk.

Jeff Gordon.

Horse-farmer said...

So John goes down to visit his good friend Carrie. Lots of enjoyment, etc, etc, blah, blah..

So in the first photo of this blog,

am I the only one who notices that
John is wearing a name tag ??????

because Carrie can't remember his name??????

gotcha

longrooffan said...

Hey horsefarmer...that cold temperature must be getting to you...that is a 10 year old picture of Carri and I at a loval building company association function where everyone wore name tags....but I guess that was unnoticable as I have not looked any older since then!!!

You and the barngoddess enjoy your trip and keep us tuned in on your adventures!!!

longrooffan