Monday, December 22, 2008

On The Road In The oleragtop

So, today I headed over to the Kenman's place to turn over some car magazines and a can of touch up paint for his 47 Ford Street Rod.

How did I come to be in possession of this paint?

Well, a couple years ago, the Kenman picked up this streetrod up at the annual Zephyr Hills automotive swap meet. When the former owner was cleaning out his garage this summer, he came across the can of touch up and called the Kenman to see if he still had that rod. That dude mentioned he would be at the Turkey Run and was the Kenman going to be there? No, this year the Kenman's blondgoddess' baby granddaughter was going to be at their home for Thanksgiving, meaning the Kenman had to stay home.

Last fall, he mentioned to me when I inquired if he was gonna be at the Run, 'No', told me the reason why, then says 'Heck Leeman, I will see that girl the rest of my life'. The Rod Run only happens once a year.' That's why the Kenman is my kind of guy.

So the week before the Run, the Kenman calls me and mentions this guy will be there and would I mind tracking him down and getting that paint, to be delivered at an undetermined point in the future. Not just Yes, but Hell Yes. As I have mentioned previously, when you have a chance to do something for somebody, and to me, especially if it is auto related. Well the Kid and I found that guy, acquired that paint and I delivered it to a surprised Kenman today.

Just another opportunity for the Kid, the olelongrooffan and the Kenman to Celebrate Life.

The blondegoddess headed out to do a few errands and the Kenman and the olelongroof headed out to the garage to check out that old street rod, previously unseen by me.

It's a pretty sweet old rod. Corvette underpinnings,

Great color and nice lines. That is a Florida Street Rod license plate.

And the dash is sweet with late model gauges.

After that, I headed over to Jessica's, my daughter, home. Her other Dad built this really cool light for over their kitchen island. Those are block and tackles holding up a counter weight for an old elevator and some Home Depot lights. They picked up the components on their trip up north last summer. Pretty creative and perfect for their home. Jessica is a lucky girl. As they were getting ready to go to exchange gifts with friends, after making arrangements to hook up tomorrow, I headed out to check out my old hometown.

Naples is full of expensive, exotic cars, some of which you will see in the near future. Today, I concentrated on cool, old cars such as this sweet later series Jaguar XKE.

Just after I shot that image, a dude drove this sweet 230 Mercedes out of that big bay door. The inside of that building is full of expensive, exoticars, no more old stuff.

Just down the street I spotted an American Motors Ambassador SS. Until today, I had never seen one of these in real life.

A little further down the street, next to Bass and Bass Flea Market, I spotted this 65 Dodge Dart GT convertible.

Had fun seeing Jessica and the Kenman today and looking forward to tooling around in the oleragtop and checking out my old hometown this week. By the way, the projected low tonite is a chilly 49 degrees.

And remember to Celebrate Life.

1 comment:

Horse-farmer said...

Sweet, give Jess our best wishes and hope you enjoy the days down there.

Little Princess is upset that the Barngoddess and I will be leaving at noon on 12/25 heading east, can't figure that out, except as a ploy to get to open gifts early. NO WAY