Sunday, March 29, 2009

Identity Crisis?

A couple weeks ago as the olepartsrunnerwannabe and I were heading down A1A, I got the inspiration for this post.

As all of my means of transportation have seemed to have an Identity Crisis, I saw this and had to do this silly post.

You see, I saw this taxi cab and got a shot of the rear of it.

Big deal, you say, the olelongrooffan saw just another Dodge Intrepid taxi cab. Even the kid, not the Kid, but the kid in the SUV stopped at that stoplight next to me asked 'Why are you taking a picture of a taxi cab?'

And I related an abbreviated version of this post. When I told him and that I was going to blog it, that kid and the kid's driver started laughing and gave me a thumbs up as we drove away from that stoplight.

Yeah, anything, no matter how silly, to keep my spirits up.

Back in the day when NASCAR raced real cars, the Chrysler Corporation, in an effort to win the aerodynamic war, came up with the Plymouth Road Runner and the Dodge Charger Daytona, shown in the image below.

This line of automobiles derived its name from Daytona Beach, Florida.

Eventually, NASCAR changed its rules and these cars were no longer NASCAR legal.

Later, Dodge produced a smaller version of the Daytona, based on its front wheel drive platform. You can see an image of it below.

I even have one in my collection with IROC (International Race of Champions) badging. That's it, the blue car on the Mobil hook in the following image.

For awhile, Dodge made a Dodge Ram Daytona as shown in the following image.

They currently have a four door sedan, badged as a Dodge Charger Daytona, as shown below.

Now I am confident you Counters out there are wondering what the h*ll does all of this have to do with a pedestrian taxi cab and an Identity Crisis.

Well, as you can see in the following image,

as noted in the upper left corner of this truck lid, this Intrepid really wants to be a Dodge Daytona.

And it is seeing silly stuff like this that gets me to

Celebrate Life.

3 comments:

Horse-farmer said...

I gotta find you a job, you are ..
ah heck, keep blogging it is fun to see what you come up with next.

Horse-farmer said...

John
I'm sure I don't know

TNO

who is linked on your blog, was killed by a drunk driver the other night.
click to his site for more info.

tom

longrooffan said...

Yeah Tom: Here is this, self admittedly, over weight, unhealthy lifestyle kind of guy with a great sense of humor and worried about dying prematurely of his health ailments and he gets hit and killed by a drunk driver!!! So sad.
john