Monday, November 10, 2008

What thejeepjunkie Saw Today

One of the accounts thejeepjunkie has at his shop is servicing the fleet for Bethune Cookman College.

Well apparently they called thejeepjunkie to come over and look at this bus, not this bus, as it was making a weird noise out back. As any good salesperson would do, he headed over there and determined the left rear wheel bearing was "gonna blow" and that bus needs to go to his shop on a hook.

thejeepjunkie calls his favorite tow company and tells them to send the biggest truck they got that could manuever around the tight parking lot where the bus was located.

I am glad thejeepjunkie listened to this old man when I gave him the predecessor to the Polaroid and told him to keep it in the car as it will come in handy. And today it did.

He related to me that he corraled those security officers into directing traffic while the driver of the hook made his way out onto International Speedway Boulevard on the journey to thejeepjunkie's shop.

I can imagine the goings on there with thejeepjunkie running the show, as we Lee's always seem to do when noone else seems to know how to handle a situation.

Anyway, I bet it was a good show and I am sorry I missed it.

And that is What thejeepjunkie Saw Today.

3 comments:

d5thouta5 said...

I guess I should have grabbed that picture taking device sooner...what is not shown is the left rear wheels out from the fender...the left rear was hanging on by the axle and both tires were out past the body of the truck...when the tow vehicle lifted it right before I remembered the camara, I had shoved the tires back into the axle housing....pretty exciting two hours...reminds of some of the bus's stories.....

Busplunge said...

condensed soup version:
2:30am, trailer wheelbearing fails, southern Wisconsin, state highway, I am at the rear of trailer with 2-wheeler trying to take pressure off the wheel (which is jammed in wheel well) so we can limp to the side of the road.

At that time MO law required owner's name and town on sides of trucks, even pickups. Wife was driving.

Wisconsin state trooper comes by, rolls down his window and says, "Bus Plunge, get this sh*t off the highway." I looked at him and said, "What the F*CK do you think I'm trying to do!"

He drove away. When we crossed into Iowa at Dubuque, I pulled over in a gas station and tore Wisconsin out of my Rand McNally.

Horse-farmer said...

Same thing happened to me in the 51 F1 in front of Republic Ford on 60 highway.
Luckily service kid came out with jack, lifted it up, shoved wheel and axle back in, and I limped home. Got NOS plates air shipped in and was back on the road again.