Saturday, November 15, 2008

Airstreams and Camper Cars

My brother, who blogs at Bus-Plunge, who now that the elections are over can get to the serious business of accounting for the cars and trucks he has owned and scanning the slides and pictures of those owned by my dad, theGentleFarmer. Anyway, the Bus currently owns some pretty cool stuff, an old mid 50's short bus and a similar era stake bed truck.

Here is that stake truck towing a Roadway Semi down the road. Guess that dude ran out of diesel?

He also restored a classic old Airstream trailer over the past couple of years and tows it behind a classic old Suburban.

I stumbled upon this image of an old Model "T" camper car and it jogged my memory of some other similar type vehicles and images of them I have in my library. Thought I would share them with you.

Maybe I should get that slow moving triangle for the back of the olestationbus.

Below is a image of another Model "T" camper car. I guess they are not as rare as I once thought.


This is a cool old late 30's era Bowtie towing a teardrop trailer. I would love to have one of those trailers, although a late model one, to tow behind my new oleragtop.


Then there is this dream, one of the earliest known motorhomes. This would be a real dream. Hell, I could give up the Taj Majal and just live in this thing. You can read more about them here.



Hell, I would love having another one of these, so long as thejeepjunkie was around to stop me from prying the two halves of the engine apart because I missed a bolt.


This was an attempt by the General, in 1969, to offer some variety and cross selling of their longroof line. I have mentioned before, I am sure it was freezing in that tent overnight in the snow!! But at least a cute, fit blonde with whom to stay warm.


Toyota tried the same thing in 72. I am kinda wishing theGentlemanFarmer had bought one of these. It would have been great on a date.


And one below that looks pretty cool. I bet thejeepjunkie and the Kid wouldn't mind it either.


Now thus far, I have posted, I think, some pretty cool campers.

Now for the inane.

This image has been around awhile and needs no comment.


For the ostentatious, I offer the following:


And if that first redneck camper was just to large and unwielding, try this one on for size.

Ironically, this is the only one even close to my budget.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A car trailer should be at least 16 feet long to accommodate most cars and small trucks. It is advisable to have a fold down ramp to get the vehicle on and off with ease. Car trailers can be made with a covered base or with wheel runners. Car Trailers