Monday, November 10, 2008

What I Saw Today

Ya know how there are just some things you never think about. You know, who changes the light bulbs in the street signals when they burn out? How does the person who does this know they have burnt out? Who washes cop cars? If the answer is the cops, does the police chief wash his own cop car, too?

Well enough of that, you get my gist.

Today I was returning to the Taj Mahal after a brief visit with thejeepjunkie and stopping by the home of Classic Motorsports Magazine to check out their new digs here on US 1. They restored this cool old retro building and have a few classic cars in their lobby. They are a super personable bunch and I enjoy both of their mags and a visit to their website.

Anyway, when I pulled onto the street on which the Taj Mahal is located, I see this fire truck parked up the street.

Can you guess what I did? Yep, I moseyed on up to see what was going on.

Those firefighters, in the largest fire truck in Ormond Beach's fleet were

painting a fire hydrant.

Now at 49 years old, it had never occured to me to even think of who painted them and how often. Forgot to ask that question though.

And that is What I Saw Today.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Funny remembering having to paint them myself in Connecticut. Except the rural town we lived in only had one hydrant.
Of course our Firefighters were good looking back them too..... my favorite FF was the Barngoddess1 in her younger days. Of course she also did the ambulance thing and the cop thing, so I am partial to the gals of emergency services.
thanks gain

Celebrate Life
Horsefarmer

Anonymous said...

John, thanks for the kind words about the building, magazines, and sites.

If anyone's interested, you can try out a free copy of Classic Motorsports by going to http://classicmotorsports.net/try/

Horse-farmer said...

I still think the only reason he stopped was to flirt with that firewoman he so tactfully hid from the cameras lens, except for a bit of a taste............