Thursday, November 20, 2008

Polishing My Brown Shoes

So, those of you who have been Counting along with me know that I have been looking for, pretty much any type of, employment for the past six and 1/2 months. I have not only been looking in my industry but also have been using the shotgun approach to land anything. I mean Best Buy, Target, Radio Shack, WallyWorld, Aarons, Office Manager at a Pump Manufacturing facility, Manager of BathFitter, Inspector for Section 8 housing, and I have now forgotten what else.

Check out, at least the first 50 seconds of, the following video and then jump to the text below.




Last week I applied for a seasonal position with Sears. Today I received an email from them wanting to interview me on January 3 at 11:45am.

Yeah, I'm gonna hold my breath for that one.

On a brighter note, I picked up a new vendor for our Celebrate Life magnets today!!

A bright spot in an otherwise dismal future.

Anyway, all I can do now is Celebrate Life.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

good post,

Bob Hope, Dean Martin, Johnny Carson, and >>>>>>>>>>>>>>

loved it

tom

Busplunge said...

George Gobel, good old lonesome george, originator of the Fina Philosophy: work hard, sell a good product and don't try to kid anybody.