Tuesday, September 2, 2008

thebarngoddess and the horsefarmer

This past summer I had the immense pleasure of spending a couple days down on Haven Lee Farm with thebarngoddess and thehorsefarmer. You can read my blog about them here and here. It was a fun time building that ole Coope de Ville and I, again, thank thebarngoddess and thehorsefarmer for their hospitality.

Yesterday, thehorsefarmer called and we were talking about his appearance in the Labor Day Parade up there in the Queen City of the Ozarks. He sent some images my way and you will see those a little later in this post.

I asked him whether he preferred thehorserancher or thehorsefarmer. He shot me an email response:


Remember,

14 horses, 9 cows, 18 chickens, 1 rooster, 2 dogs, unknown # of barn cats, 2 tractors, a manure spreader (but not quite as good as the Bus) 5 trailers, garden full of corn on the cob, green beens, cucumbers, cantelopes, tomatoes, weeds ........ and an occasional coyote.I guess that makes me a farmer instead of a rancher.

A Rancher mows his field with a shirt and tie on (remember Dad)
A farmer mows his field with his mud boots and shorts on.

Love ya and enjoy

Horsefarmer and Barngoddess1


Well, thehorsefarmer it is. With reference to the manure spreader and the bus. The bus is running for Circuit Clerk up there in Greene County, Missouri. thebarngoddess and thehorsefarmer had their stagecoach and minature horses in the Parade and the bus followed along with a big manure shovel, referencing the ability of the bus to do whatever is necessary to clean up a mess. Hope he is successful in his bid as I know he will be a good one.

Anyway, while I was out at Haven Lee Farm, I shot some images of thebarngoddess and in every one, she was grinning from ear to ear.

I thought it was because of the Coope de Ville.

She definitely is happy with it, that is for sure.

Now on to the Parade photos.

My heartfelt Thanks to all public servants, whatever their capacity.

I had to include this cool old concrete truck.

This is the bus and thehorsefarmer. Seems that shovel has gotten quite a bit of use. Hang onto it bus, you may need it again.

Finally, look at the expression on thebarngoddess' face here. She just purely enjoys her life and, for that, I am extremely happy for her. Oh yeah, same uniform also.


parade photos courtesy of the midwestern recluse

No comments: