Friday, September 5, 2008

Hanna Hurries By

Wanna be Hurricane Hanna hurried on by the Birthplace of Speed about 150 miles offshore. We got some pretty heavy rain showers, not thunderstorms because, usually, in tropical systems there is no lightning or thunder, not sure why, think I watched something on weather.com on it last week, but since I didn't read it, I didn't retain it. (I think that was the King of the much abhored runonsentence). But, man, did it rain.

Anyway, on the way home from my last dentist appointment for a while, I stopped off on the Cardinal Street beach access, ironically, the one which is closest to the Taj Mahal and took some images to share.

This is the sign just before you go on the the beach. Needless to say, enjoying your day at the beach today is a stretch, although Hanna is whipping that surf into a captivating frenzy. As an aside, I have yet to take the oldstationbus down on that beach, but I hope when I do, the attendent doesn't enforce that "No Buses" on the beach clause on that sign.

I am no longer a surfer but I would put those waves at 10 footers.

We lost alot of sand off this beach today. This is the pavement that heads out to the beach from the end of Cardinal Street. I have never seen the asphalt reinforcements on either side of the roadway.

These footers at the base of that sign have not seen the light of day in quite some time.

But I guess with waves like this, you're gonna have that.

Hope the folks up in the Carolinas and beyond weather Hanna okay. We are keeping our fingers crossed with Incredible Ike, though.

Just trying to stay out of harm's way.

No comments: