Monday, September 29, 2008

Paul Newman

As we all know by now, Paul Newman passed over the weekend. I was lucky enough to see him, although at a distance, sometime in the mid 90s when he was racing at the Rolex24 in Daytona. At that time, I did not have the access to the credentials I do today, so I was outside the fence looking in. It was a memorable time for me.

While Cool Hand Luke was a bit before my memories, I will always remember Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid, with the ole blue eyes of my memories, Robert Redford and Katherine Ross riding that bike around, and, of course, the memorable jump off the cliff.

I read a quote from him, somewhere on the net, over the weekend, in which he said his biggest fear was that he would wake up one day with brown eyes and his career would be over!!

I came across this four minute video on YouTube, from a member called NewmansOwnFoundation. Even if it is not really Newman's Own Foundation, it is a good one and seems to sum up his life.

2 comments:

d5thouta5 said...

After watching this video, coupled with a good dose of humility, you realize what life is all about....
the joy received when watching someone benefit from an action of yours...done with no intent of reward or recognition, without regard for personal benefit...gotta love and respect Mr. Newman for what
HE GAVE TO LIFE ........

GOOD BYE and THANK YOU FOR YOUR GIFT TO ALL OF US....

The CDM said...

Cool Hand Luke, by far my favorite of all his movies.