Tuesday, July 15, 2008

The Coope de Ville, Revisited

After a fun filled few days with both generations of the Jim and Ganey Lee family down in Rockaway Beach, I headed out to Haven Lee Farm, as I have previously mentioned. You might remember, the week before, the jeep junkie, the Kid, and the horse rancher built the barngoddess a chicken coop. I referenced that visit here. Well, things move rapidly when the barn goddess sets her mind to something. That week, the horse rancher put the fourth wall on that coop, complete with awning and entry door.



the barn goddess wasted no time either. They already had a couple dozen store bought chicks in that coop. the horse rancher told me it was going to be called the "Coope de Ville". I got a chuckle out of that and was, in a way, honored to have been the motivator of that name. When I am at the Turkey Rod Run later this year, I will have to find a nameplate off one of those Cadillacs for the wall of that "Coope".

A little later, the horse rancher got his big tractor out and tilled some more land for the barn goddess to plant more corn.

You can see her spreading the horse shavings from the stalls around, complete with manure. Steph and Jaycee were sitting on their front porch watching. Eventually, I grabbed a shovel and helped out. Sorry no pics of the first time I had shoveled manure since the mid 70's.

Back in the garage, the horse rancher and I put the longroof back on the golf cart. Apparently, Steph must have hit something with it and broke one of the uprights. I never did hear the whole story but the horse rancher got to use some of his new tools he got from the girls for Christmas last year, as well as my Dad's old drill press. It was fun working with him and I am glad to have been able to do something the barn goddess wanted done.

As I mentioned earlier, the horse rancher decided to buy a zero turn mower and he did. He actually thanked me for encouraging him to finally make a purchase he had been thinking about for a long time. While I am, again, honored, I think he was just waiting for someone to go help him pick it out. He did decline, wisely, on the extended warranty.

And he is off to the fields.

But not without topping off the petrol.

Except for the time spent at that delicious dinner table, the horse rancher did not get off his new toy.

Thanks again for a memorable few hours on the farm and looking forward to the next time. Love to all the Haven Lee's.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ummm, Uncle John John...is there any way I could talk you into coming back up real soon. See, Mom wants us to build another lean-to or fence or something. And seeing as how you did such wonderful work and all....PLease Come back and save me!!!!
LOL
We had a great time with you. Jaycee is over the moon that she got to meet all those Uncles I have been telling her about. (she thought I was making them up)

Anonymous said...

hey john i like the coope de vill. it wasfun up there james