Monday, September 8, 2008

A Hot Rod Longroof

Somewhere on the web, I think jalopnik.com, I saw a write up on this 59 Rambler Longroof and I thought I would share it with you.

It is a pretty sweet car and has a fine presence. The shaved door handles, trimmed down bumpers, and lower stance make it a definite look see.

While this is a sharp car, this look has been attempted

on this car on ebay,

and this one, also on ebay,

and on this one I saw at the Turkey Rod Run in recent years.

They did a great job on the interior of that Little Red Wagon.

I then scrolled down for more pics and saw this.

They stuffed a Ferrari engine in the back of this beauty.

A quality, professional job.

In the front, you get custom suitcases under the bonnet.

A fine looking longroof, just not for me.

And the asking price?

$1,000,000.

Definitely not for me.

1 comment:

Busplunge said...

The front almost looks like a Volvo front from their "P" model coupe. The Pvt RN found one at a garage sale once and told our Volvo mechanic (Denis) about it, he bought it.