Wednesday, August 6, 2008

What I Saw Today

Today, as I was returning to the Taj Mahal after a fun filled trip to the dentist, I turned down a street, here beachside, on which I had not previously traveled.

I spotted this old 1973 Chevrolet Chevelle 4 door post sedan. I remember driving one of these, although a tudor, one summer On The Road with the bus and his private nurse. That one had mag wheels and air shocks in the back to tow a digger trailer. And like this one, it slowly rusted away.

With the 350, can you say 8 mpg?

It has the an antique plate on it, like the Kid's CJ5 and my Falcon Station Bus.

I have always liked the look of these Gen 4 Chevelles.

The cool rear tail lights remind me of the old 68 Belair I used to have, which, by the way, also slowly rusted away.

This hoon must have one heck of a stereo in it as there are these speakers in the rear deck and

a speaker located in each of the doors of this beast.

That vinyl top is pure gone, with only some residual adhesive still around.

I am not sure those bumper guards are stock but

I know this duct tape is not.

And that is What I Saw Today.

1 comment:

Lil Jim said...

I can remember riding around in that green car,riding standing up in the back seat before we realized it's a good idea to strap the kids in...