Thursday, July 24, 2008

What I Saw Today

Mr. Perry's Red Honda.

So today, while I was out setting up my transportation to Mickey Mouse land tomorrow, I stopped by to get my, now thinning, hair cut.

As this is the first haircut I would receive here in the Birthplace of Speed, I just went to one of those places where "Walk Ins Are Welcome".

The dude, Mr. Perry, was the stylist on duty. I told him about my pending trip and the lack of air conditioning in the Falcon89 and mentioned to him, "It cannot be too short, it will always grow out".

I commented on the pretty red Honda picture on the cabinet in front of me and he told me it is now his daily driver and it is parked outside. After I got scalped, we went out and he showed it to me. While not my bowl of rice, it is a nice ride.

For what it is, it is really sweet, after you overlook his teenaged son's damage to it.

He cranked the stereo and dropped the car via it's on board hydraulics.

In the above photo, he dropped just the passenger side of it. Took a pic of the dropped side but it didn't take well, so you won't see it.

Tricked out gauges and super clean dash.

Below are the hydraulics.

Not one TV

But two of them.

With regards to the damage, it has a clear hood on it to show off the chromed out engine. Apparently, last weekend, his 17 year old son was using the car and went over one of our high bridges without having the hood secured in place. It flipped up and broke, as well as breaking the windshield. These clear hoods are not often found done at the U-Pull-It on 17-92. It is shipped out of California to the tune of $2,200. I asked Mr. Perry what he had in it. Something near $50,000.

I will stick with my $2001 longroof.

And, that is What I Saw Today.

2 comments:

Lil Jim said...

Your hairstylist has a honda civic with $50,000 of upgrades in it? I'd a just bought a real sports car...And where do you sign up for cosmotology school at?

The CDM said...

Ding ding ding dada ding ding...ding ding ding dada ding ding, rice, rice, babay!