Wednesday, July 16, 2008

What I Saw Today

At the behest of the horse rancher who, during an earlier conversation this evening, wondered why I have not done a What I Saw Today lately.

Imagine you and yours are enjoying a great beach vacation in the early 40's in this and end of your royalties from WWII slowly show their face. You are looking for a fuel efficient, nearly self sustaining wagon to get your shrinking family around.

So, in 1952 a Crosley Super Wagon is purchased, complete with the Jet Age Propeller on the grill of this baby, as seen in the last photo of this post.

I spotted this rare beauty just down the road from my soon to be obsolete storage unit down Daytona way earlier today.

Tried to get a good photo of the magnets on that hard steel dashboard, no air bags here, but this is the best I got.

Overall dimensions of this longroof, 44" wide, 148" long. Less than four feet wide and just over 12' long. it would fit in the bed of Casper and have room to spare. And unlike Casper at 11 mpg, this one gets 44 mpg, in 1952.



So, horse rancher, that is what I saw today.

No comments: