Thursday, July 24, 2008

My New Longroof

Well, it is early Thursday morning.

I returned from a trip to meet with Manuel Labor down Mickey Mouse way, and then a long, heavily rain influenced, trip up to Palatka to meet with the Original Jeep Junkie and then on back to the Birthplace of Speed.

Got home around 8 or so and got a short nap in so now I am wide awake. Sorry for your luck.

What I thought was a quick trip not quite to Mickey Mouse Land turned into an all day excursion to get more parts for the jeep afficionados in my family.

Upon arrival at the Original Jeep Junkie's place in Palatka, it turned out He had left for the day, so I am back there tomorrow to find an, original, oil bath air cleaner and wheel to be forwarded to the bus.

I would include images here but, know, it is just not that exciting. Plus the bus will probably post pics anyway. If he doesn't, he should.

So, I am anxiously awaiting my $210 flight to San Antonio to meet, yet, another Frenchman selling me a bill of goods. Pierre is to meet me at the airport and transport me to my latest longroof. I am thrilled, yet a little apprehensive.

You see, this 48 year old unemployed construction worker is flying to a city he has only been in, 32 years ago, buying a, sight unseen, 45 year old vehicle, and driving it 1,155 miles back to the Birthplace of Speed.

Sound like an adventure?

Hell Yeah!!! I can't wait.

I mean the absolute worst thing is the olefalcon blows up somewhere in Deliveranceville and I get to shoot my way out of things. If I only owned a gun. I can always call CDM or the foam guy to bail me out.

The best? A killer road trip, which will be my second this summer, and ya'll get to enjoy it also.

At least, I hope you enjoy it.

I have found some fun stops along the way, although I doubt the Crash Site of Patsy Cline can be topped. But we will see. Since I will be in Texas a good part of the trip, think BIG, but who knows?

I dropped an email to the jeep junkie earlier...stay tuned here..by the way, when I was in Mickey Mouse Land earlier today, speaking with Cute Christine, whom I had not met before, but I had met her husband, Daring Dave, over cocktails at the Casa Amadore, and she and I were discussing my tardiness upon arrival. I related to her the story of how I was leaving the Home of the World's Most Famous Beach and the jeep junkie and I were talking and he mentioned I needed to drop off some stuff to the Original Jeep Junkie in exchange for this oil cleaner thing, and, as a result, I had to whip a Uee and go pick up those doors to exchange for that oil bath cleaner.

Yeah, I know, those words, oil bath, and, cleaner, don't seem to work, but we are not Jeep Junkies.

Anyway, Cute Christine thought the name the jeep junkie was just so funny and, actually, got a belly laugh out of it. Although, there is absolutely no belly there to speak of.

So back to the email to the jeep junkie. This olefalcon89, oh yeah, my new longroof's designation by FOMOCO is a(n) 89, so the numbers still work, needs new tires so my first stop is going to be at the local Wally World to get the absolute least expensive tires, read cheapest, tires I can get and then to move on to the slowest traveling highway east.

After that, ya'll just have to stay tuned.

Tomorrow, I will blog about the cheapest Rent-A-Car you can get from Daytona Beach to the airport in the city of the Mouse but after that you just have to

Follow Along, By The Numbers.

3 comments:

Busplunge said...

John,
you got the cell number, I got a big old Suburban and a flatbed trailer.

I am always looking for a road trip. So if you need a chase vehicle, give me a call and I will come and get you.

Jim

longrooffan said...

Jim:

I will note that bit of information. As much as I would like to see you, hope I don't.

I appreciate the thought and thanks.

John

The CDM said...

If Jim goes...I goes! I better be gettin' some grub from the Tip Top though.