Thursday, June 18, 2009

It's All About Family

So, about at about 4:45 today, I received a call from thejeepjunkie.

Hey lil bro, whatca doing?

Trying to figure out how to get some gas to the Kid for his CJ down at the bottom of the Granada Bridge.

You just figured it out.

And we hung up.

I hopped in the olestationbus and went to the rescue of the Kid for the first time.

I got some petrol at the trusty Mobil just a block away and called the Kid.

Hey Kid, where are you?

In a canoe.

Where is your Jeep?

The parking lot by the bait shop.

Okay, good luck fishing and I'll take care of it.

And we hung up.

Yeah, that Kid sure is a Lee. I mean, he was already going fishing, why wait around for me when all I had to do was pour in one measly gallon of gas and head back to the Taj Mahal?

And it is knowing the Lee genes are continuing that lets me

Celebrate Life.

3 comments:

d5thouta5 said...

the kid's response was classic Lee form...something I would expect to hear from his Uncle Bob, or Jim, or Tom, or John.....
"I'm in a canoe."
as if anything else was going on at that time.....
thanks for taking care of the kid for me....
and the manner in which YOU responded....
type A response....
thanks again...
another reason to...

CELEBRATE LIFE..........

Busplunge said...

Who needs gas gauges when you got family.

This tale reminds me of the time I went to Louisianna to rescue my brother-in-law Sam and one of his trucks.

We ended up putting a clutch in while straddling a ditch on the side of the highway.

We would have got done a lot quicker if we had known about a clutch alignment tool.

Yes, you can imagine the fun we had getting the pilot shaft aligned.

But we did it!

theKID said...

i just want you to know that i did not catch anything but a river cat on the canoe