Thursday, February 19, 2009

So, Over At Hemmings

they have been doing a couple blogs about the Grotewold Chevrolet Dealership at some town, possibly Le Mars, Iowa, but I am still not sure...anyway Daniel Strohl did another blog on this place on TheGentlemanRancher's 85th and I thought I would share a couple of his images with you. These were shot in 1963 in a small town in northwest Iowa...

Check out this above image. Aside from the 58 Belair Long Roof, which almost immediately jumps out at me, do you see the MG parked next to that old pickup truck? I mean this is like 1963 in a small town in remote northwest Iowa!!! As I commented on, over at Hemmings, what are the chances of seeing this sweet British creation in Iowa in 1963? Did my Dad live there, or at least visit, during this timeframe??


And I pretty much would take any of these sweet old early 60's rides, especially the, aside from the truck on the far right, the second and third from the right...respectively a 62 and a 61 chevy longroof...Yeah Man...I could go for those Sweeties!!

So that's it for now, I must go get a Life....will check back later...

and remember to Celebrate Life!!

1 comment:

Deb said...

All this car talk and I see nothing about Corvettes? Well, no tags anyway. Can't say I am a car fanatic, but I do have a fondness of the later model Mustangs and Corvettes. The ex drove a mid-lifer red 'vette T-top. Damn, I can't remember the year - '70/'71? Last of the big block engines. That was one very cool car. Also had an 80-something Mustang that I could get to the post office in 4.2 minutes, but in my mom-mobile it took 11 minutes. That's my extensive knowledge of cars.