Sunday, August 29, 2010

Well Hurricane Danielle Drifted On By.

and she was gracious to leave us some rain, wind and waves.

It's been kind of a lazy day around the Taj Mahal this Sunday.

When I woke up this morning, there was a gentle rain with the sound of the surf in the background. It was around 7:30 and this olelongrooffan determined there was absolutely nothing pressing for him to do today.

So I said a quick prayer of thanks for waking up and then this olelongrooffan rolled over and went back to sleep.

Three times.

I finally drug my sorry *ss out of that massive California King in the master suite of the Taj Mahal and fixed me up some breakfast grub.

By this time it had stopped raining but was a cool, windy 78 degrees. Not much was stirring around and the sound of the surf was pretty noticable.

So, you Counters out there know what this olelongrooffan did, don't you?

If you guessed that I headed down to check out the surf, you would be 100% correct.

However, this olelongrooffan did put on a pair of jeans for the first time since April. Yeah, it was rather chilly.

The wave were pretty big, I'd put them at about 8-10' but were not well formed enough for
the surfer dudes hanging around to get any action.
There were white caps on those distant waves as far as this olelongrooffan could see.
The palms were getting pretty beat up by that strong wind coming off the Atlantic Ocean here in the Birthplace of Speed.
The lifeguard was pretty relaxed in that mobile red chair as the only hoons in this area in the water were in water just up to their knees.
I shot a quick video, cut your volume down pretty quickly, of the scene and you can hear the wind whipping around. I had to put my ball cap on Ron Style to keep it from blowing off my head.


This olelongrooffan then returned to the Taj Mahal, surfed the net for a few hours, took a nap, did some dishes and now I'm getting ready to make a bit of dinner.

Yeah, sometimes lazy days are the way to

Celebrate Life.

No comments: