Saturday, February 27, 2010

What I Saw Today

thejeepjunkie had me out and about in the tri city area looking for obscure 69 Bronco parts.

Well, while this olelongrooffan was cruising around town in my oleragtop, I thought I would stop in at the place with the golden arches and grab one of Ronny's $1 cheeseburgers.

As this olelongrooffan pulled into the parking lot, I spotted this '59 Mercury and knew I had seen my first What I Saw Today in a long time.
It was mildly customized, not bad in my humble opinion. Think long, low and lean.
There was a plaque on the dash that said it was built for a couple by some dude. Nicely done.
It had dual spotlights, one on each front fender. And check out the rake of that antenna!
And old school curb feelers on each corner.
And another antenna out the driver's side "C" pillar.
And a ton of stickers on that wrap around windshield.
This olelongrooffan was unable to get a full frontal shot as it was snuggled in the bushes. But it was clean and had excellent lines. Unlike this olelongrooffan, who is the same age, all of my lines are hard earned and not so excellent!!!
It doesn't appear to have factory air but that old time under dash air conditioner just works.
Check out the curves on the tail light lens.
And yes, Counters,
Elvis Presley is alive and well and having lunch at MickeyD's in Ormond Beach, Florida.

Seeing this old beauty and sharing her with you keeps me able to

Celebrate Life.

No comments: