Wednesday, October 28, 2009

What I Saw Today

So, I get a phone call from thejeepjunkie:

"Whatcha doing longroof?"

"Just finishing up my supervision of a countertop install. What about you jeepjunkie?"

Working on a 61 Cadillac Fleetwood."

"See you in 15," was this olelongrooffan's reply.

And I did.

A drop dead gorgeous piece of automotive history.
>
Like this one, that grille has more chrome than is on the entire olestationbus!!
>
Sorry to include this shot of this ole dreamboat without her skirt on.
>
The fins are not quite as radical as those on the 59 or the 60, but 8" fins nonetheless.
>
Here thejeepjunkie is pointing out something of relevance to the German owner. Seems he has this $15,000 pillarless hardtop sedan and a 68 Riviera here in the States. Back home he has a 61 Coupe de Ville. Not only that, see that brake drum to the left of thejeepjunkie? It is the same diameter as the wheels on my olestationbus.
>
Out of reverence to the owner, thejeepjunkie never even got behind the wheel.
>
And check out those lower fins!!!
>
Yeah, a beautiful ride, one I would like to have in my livery, but it seems I say that about dang near everything I see! But it is the truth!

And having a brother who hooks me up lets me

Celebrate Life.

No comments: