Wednesday, October 8, 2008

thejeepjunkie Does It Again

Now, I have to tell you, thejeepjunkie has a way of getting some pretty cool stuff for next to nothing. As I related a couple-3 posts ago, I had forwarded him a link to an ad for an old CJ right down here at the Home of the World's Most Famous Beach.

Well that son of the Gentleman Farmer went down the street about a mile and a half, paid another dude who was looking at it also to just get in his car and leave, and the dude did, and thejeepjunkie came home with another CJ. Don't know what he paid for it as everytime I hear him tell someone how much he paid for something, it is a different number. Just know, like the KenMan, he never pays retail for anything on four wheels or two pontoons for that matter.

Anyway, those Counters who have been with me awhile will remember thejeepjunkie getting the bus's old CJ running last summer up in the Queen City of the Ozarks, while we were there for this event. Now, if you have been Counting along, you might recall that the bus's private rn was a bit disappointed in this CJ and thought the bus had bought a pig-in-a-poke way out in Colorado and drug it home. I told the both of them that thejeepjunkie will get this thing running, you just wait. the Kid and I had seen it happen to many times before not to believe it would happen again.

And it did, as you can see by the bus's expression in this terrible image, but you can see the glee. I don't know who was more surprised, the bus or thejeepjunkie. I certainly wasn't.

Now if you will look at the following image, that is the bus and the private rn's son, NotSoLilJim when he and his wonderful family visited down this way earlier last summer. Notice, NotSoLilJim and the bus have the same trait as I do. Just stay out of thejeepjunkie's way when he is under the hood of any old Jeep. Here thejeepjunkie has fixed something underhood after the Kid, still unknown to the Sun Goddess, took it out for a spin around the 'hood one afternoon. Still a No-No but thejeepjunkie was cool about it.

So anyway, I have some great memories of the Kid and thejeepjunkie. One of the funnier ones was here, when the Kid had forgotten to flip the power switch on the Jeep's Virgin Beach Run. Of course, thejeepjunkie figured that one out also.

So today, I passed by thejeepjunkie's shop to drop off some trademark information and review some advertising collateral material I had created and here is where I found him. A slow day around his shop and he was putting his free time to good use.

Well, needless to say, the carb needs rebuilding, something thejeepjunkie has done numerous times to old CJ's and he had already replaced the fourth starter in three Jeeps, although this one is a Willy's.

While I only caught the tale end of this CJ running in the following video, rest assured I will post more video as it becomes available.

The only bummer about this video is just at the end, I stopped filming just as thejeepjunkie turned off the key, came around the front of the windshield and said, "Yep, it runs" with a grin from ear to ear. Sorry to have missed that for you Counters, but it was a sight to behold. No doubt in my mind that it would though.

Anyway, jeepjunkie, thanks to you and the Kid for having this old man around and I look forward to riding in the new old CJ sometime soon.

No comments: