Wednesday, January 21, 2009

It's Still Cold Down Here

At 5:23 pm, this Wednesday, it is a chilly 47 degrees with a wind chill of 42. Winds out of the northwest at 7-10 mph. Expected overnite low of 25.

Now I know that to many of you,

with the possible exception of this funny dude from Southern California, who commented on this blog,
VC said...
Yeah I know what you mean !! ! It was 70 here yesterday. I had put a shirt on.Winter sucks...AHAHahahAhAHAHaHAHhAhA


find those temperatures quite balmy for this time of year.

Yeah, I know, I read comments on thehorsefarmer's blog about how cold it is. I listen to thejeepjunkie tell me he is never going back to see thesungoddess's parents at Christmas as it is to cold. Yeah, I know that when you are on a tractor in the middle of a field in the middle of January in the middle of the Ozark Mountains, it is cold.

However, I have lived in Florida for the last 21 years, seldom getting out of this state during the colder months of the year. The last time I was in extremely cold weather was in 2001, when, with a bunch of friends, I passed through standing snow on the top of Mount Charleston out near Las Vegas. And the result of my living in a temperate climate? My blood is thinner than a glass of chilled Reisling. And I don't really have that many warm clothes and, other than anklets, only three pair of socks, two dress and one winter. So, this wimpy ole longrooffan just ain't equipped to handle the kind of weather we have been having the past few days.

Laugh, if you must, but I can rationalize anything. And do.

But late this afternoon I was going stir crazy around the Taj Mahal and headed out to pick up my winning Powerball ticket when I passed this Quebec originated automobile and stopped to get an image of it, just for my memory's sake.

Yeah, that salt covered automobile sure brought back some memories gained oh so long ago living up there in the Queen City of the Ozarks. Sure don't envy you all your wintertime slush, snow and salt.

And the fact it is going to be in the 70's this weekend, I will be much warmer and I will still be able to

Celebrate Life.

2 comments:

Horse-farmer said...

I don't know what the big fuss is all about,
I worked on the Broncs this evening in shorts and sweatshirt...
temp in the 50s and nice.

Anonymous said...

This is a good blog, thanks for sharing.



***************************
$$Win Cash in 60 Seconds$$

***************************