Thursday, January 15, 2009

Choices, Choices

Have I mentioned I like living here, the Birthplace of Speed?

Today, I headed over to thejeepjunkie's shop to talk to him about a few Andrew Jacksons. On the way I avoided, actually I do this most of the time, the high bridges over the St. Johns River, instead preferring the low draw bridge over on Biker Alley, Main Street.

Believe me when I say this is not a biker wannabe thing I have. It is just that I enjoy, except during the bike events, the relaxed drive through this downtown like area and no stress over having to stop my flatland Florida and Texas based automobiles on these unnatural downward movements. Plus it is just cruising.

Anyway.......after crossing over that draw bridge, I headed to the north to pick up a my favorite carbinated beverage, for just 54 cents per can (I had forgotten to get one from the fridge before leaving the Taj Mahal), I headed over to thejeepjunkie's shop. Within three blocks, I saw


this

a 70's era Volkswagon Westfalia Camper Bus, although a bit on the rusty side.

Just down the block, I saw this 72 Chevrolet C-10.

While the sighting of this era truck may be commonplace in your hometown, down in these here parts, you are more likely to see this.

Just two blocks later, after seeing a bone ass stock 1972 Chevelle Coupe, driven by an old couple who probably bought it brand new and a mid 60's Classic Bug, I saw this


cool old Alpha Romeo at a shop I have previously visited and need to return to soon.

Five cool old cars in just a few blocks. Sweet!!

I arrived at thejeepjunkie's shop and he was on the phone so I headed over to the lobby to check out the newest AutoWeek Magazine, of which I had been a long time subscriber. Since my current employment status doesn't provide for the luxurious costs of the subscription to magazines, I had no choice but to not renew my subscription to this one, either. Once I sat my skinny butt down, I started looking around for this week's issue. I couldn't find it. I then remembered reading this on one of the many blogs I follow. Although I know the bulk of magazine's income is via advertising, I couldn't help but feel a part of their decision to not to publish weekly since their inception, in the year I was born. I, also realized I saw alot of their info online, a long time prior to receiving their general interest magazine in the mail. I doubt it will happen to these fine folks. Wish you well during these trying times.

Anyway, while I was sitting there, waiting for thejeepjunkie to have a free moment for this ole unemployed construction worker, I found a cover story obit about Paul Newman and was reading it when thejeepjunkie called, while I was sitting in his lobby. He had gotten those Jackson's for me, came over to his lobby, and we chatted it up a bit. We mentioned what a hoot it was to see BBB and both mentioned we wished BBB, the Bus, thehorsefarmer, the longrooffan, thejeepjunkie, NotSoLil Jim and the Kid were geographically closer. I then brought up where? BBB hates the cold, as do those of us from down here in the Sunshine State, while the Bus and thehorsefarmer both, either have lived in the warmth long enough or just plain don't care for the, mostly humid, weather we enjoy here in the Sunshine State.

And, ironically, while thejeepjunkie and I usually hang out in the shop portion of his place, this conversation took place inside the showroom as it was a chilly, northwindy, 58 degrees and overcast here today.

So, as we had spent the day together yesterday, we were talked out and I decided to head out to America's bank to cover the cellular internet bill due so I wouldn't lose contact with ya'll.

See, I'll do everything I can for those who Count Along With Me.

As I mentioned in this blog, even the sound of the jetskis out in the Atlantic didn't disrupt my relaxing Sunday afternoon.

Well, since that day, I have noticed an increasing number of these buzzing machines around the Taj Mahal. As a matter of fact, when thejeepjunkie was over yesterday playing hooky, yeah I know that blog is coming, he even commented, upon entering the Taj Mahal, about the noise of them down in the Atlantic.

When I was returning to the Taj Mahal, I, because I can, took a drive along the beach and came upon these sights.

A whole bunch of dudes having fun on these machines out in that frigid Atlantic Ocean.


Photobucket


So as I mention in the video just above, I stopped off to pick up my winning Powerball ticket, I ran into a beachpatrolcop and asked him about all the jetskis.

Apparently, there is a huge event this weekend concerning jetskis and their assault on the Atlantic Ocean.

That beachpatrolcop told me last year there were over 500 skis here.

So with this event this weekend, with tomorrow's projected high at 56 degrees, I am unsure as to what I will do this weekend.

Hang out and blog about thejeepjunkie's and longrooffan's adventure on the day thejeepjunkie played hooky? Attend the coldest Xtreme jetski adventures I have ever seen or this.

Well, the Kid and I have spoken, during this blogpost, and it looks like this is the winner.

Although the ole longrooffan will probably head down to the beach on Sunday to check out the Xtreme Jet Skis.

Either way, know that we will always, in our car related way, to

Celebrate Life.

2 comments:

Busplunge said...

weather guy is forecasting -2 degrees this evening with a wind chill of -9.

56 degrees is a heat wave!

Horse-farmer said...

FORGOT TO MENTION, this morning wind chill was -11 at 0530 feed time.

Hey was that Big mule pulling that big trailer (first one) stuck in the sand????
back tires looked it....
another chance for the KID to earn some school mula by getting him out.
Like the videos.

Couldn't work on either Bronc tonite as the Barngoddess won't let me play outside when it gets this cold.
So..........
cows are bunked down in the trees on the east side of farm...
chickens are bunked down under the heat light in the Chicken Coup D'ville.........
Roosters are bunked down in the stable..........
Fabio (a really cool ex-stallion) is bunked down in his stall.....
horses are bunked down in the hay in their lean-to..........
Dogs are in garage........
Barngoddess is watchin Leno.....
and I get some playtime on this...
Keep warm