Saturday, May 31, 2008

Remembering Birthday Cards from Granny and Man

Remember when we were kids and got birthday cards with coins taped to them from our grandparents?


Well, my Mom passed recently and my brother Tom has been administrating her estate liquidation.


One of the things he did was cancel her magazine subscriptions. My idiot sister Jane thought this was a high priority, after all, Newsweek only prints so many copies.


So the estate got a refund from Newsweek and Tom split it ten ways and sent me my share.


Three dimes taped to an index card.

I love Tom's sense of humor.

2 comments:

Busplunge said...

Actually you share was the three dimes PLUS 41 cents or whatever the cost of a stamp is nowadays.

Tom took that out of each of our shares.

longrooffan said...

Jim:

I, actually, prefer just the three dimes. It will be posted on the wall at my new place.