Thursday, July 1, 2010

This olelongrooffan Loves thejeepjunkie

So this morning this olelongrooffan rolled out of my California King bed in the enormous master suite here at the Taj Mahal and prepared to head down to Daytona Beach to watch Delana and Kevin Harvick, Kenny Wallace and others play a friendly game of volleyball.

But before doing that, I popped online to check out potential opportunities for suitable employment for this olelongrooffan. I found one that looked pretty promising and, although a temp job, I completed an online application and then headed on down to the beach.

As a result of those actions, I missed out on the game but did get to catch those celebrities standing under a sun shade, similar to the ones thejeepjunkie owns. In the above image, that is Delana "I wear the firesuit in this family" Harvick partially seen behind the dude in the khaki shorts while Kevin is interviewed by a TV crew on the right.
I also got an image of Kenny Wallace during an autograph session.

This olelongrooffan then turned and headed out to Kevin's Nationwide Series showcar parked between that sun shade and the surf. Another race car on the beach but not nearly as cool as these.
Kevin and the TV crew were out there also.
While this may have been a show car, those wheels have obviously had a few lug nuts installed and removed as evidenced by the lack of paint surrounding them.
Now, I have this to say about that. While I am not in charge of Rheem's marketing department but it seems to this olelongrooffan that a sponsorship based on pool and spa heaters is a very focused one and I guess they believe a bunch of Nationwide fans have pools or spas that need to be heated!
Yeah, I'll stick to the purchasing department.

So, this olelongrooffan's fancy smancy twenty-four dollar ebay cell phone vibrates in my pocket. It is thejeepjunkie.

"Whatcha doing longroof?"

"Just hanging at the beach with Delana Harvick."

Well Counters that just cracked him up.

"What are you doing jeepjunkie?"

"Just calling you to tell you to head over to that NASCAR transporter just north of the track."
"What for jeepjunkie?"

"You do remember that you have to pick up your track credentials in person, don't you?"

"Hot D*mn jeepjunkie. See you in a bit."

So this olelongrooffan gets in my oleragtop and heads over to that transporter. The sweet young lady behind the counter in that rig was very pleasant and kindly issued this olelongrooffan the following:
Now, I am pretty confident I don't need to tell those of you Counting Along With Me out there that this is an excellent pass and know this olelongrooffan will be all over the Daytona International Speedway the next three days. Everywhere except, as noted at the bottom of that credential, the grandstands. No, I don't think I will be disappointed.

And this, among many others, is one of the reasons this olelongrooffan loves thejeepjunkie.

And don't worry Counters, I will

Celebrate Life.

2 comments:

Horse-farmer said...

Dangeditanyway

I was going to leave tonight and arrive Race city tommorrow night and spend the weekend with you touring the greater blue hair areas... but looks like you will be occupied, so I guess I'll take that Barngoddess and go to Arizona or somewhere else

DANGITANYWAY

d5thouta5 said...

Well, if it comes down to it, I think I could come up with a couple of extra tickets....they are really good ones as they are good for the only place the longroofan can't go....just let me know...