Saturday, November 6, 2010

Personally Seen Vintage Door Art

So my brother, the Bus, now that the 2010 midterms are over, decided to get back to doing some blogs about trucks. He did one about a super cool robins egg blue one ton Chevy he rebodied a week or two ago. You Counters can check that blogpost out here and be sure to click on through for his history of it.

Then yesterday he provided us with a link to vintage door art. You can check that one out here. In that post, he provided we Busriders with the following image

and the link to where he found it.

Upon seeing those cool images of vintage door art, this olelongrooffan thought I would include a couple I have seen over the past couple of years.

I spotted this one somewhere in north central Florida (maybe Waldo?) during one of my On The Road adventures. I happened to be driving by a car lot and spotted it. That's what happens when you stay off the Eisenhour Highway System! The main reason it was recorded is the fact that Carthage, Mo is located less than 40 miles from Haven Lee Farm, Halltown Edition.
Now, the following one I got in between Marionville, Mo and Halltown, Mo during another On The Road trip this olelongrooffan took way back in 2008. I had spent another wonderful Day On The Farm with thehorsefarmer, thebarngoddess and their family. I was headed back to the Queen City of the Ozarks preparing to return to the Birthplace of Speed. I now forget the burg I was in but remember this old truck and its Vintage Door Art.

Incidentally horsefarmer, both of these trucks are Internationals!

And still, at this olelongrooffan's advance age, remembering these two moments in time, and having the Bus jog my memory of them, absolutely provides this olelongrooffan the ability to

Celebrate Life.

No comments: