Tuesday, February 3, 2009

What I Saw Today

So yesterday, I headed to points out west to check out a potential business opportunity involving this old Ford GPW, yep, that's right, it is not a Jeep nor a Willy's but a Ford GPW and a rare early one at that.

While I was there, I checked out the availability of parts off this old station wagon for resale.

On the way out of there, check out this cool old Scout I spotted off in Farmer Tom's field. Pretty sweet 1/2 cab with no doors and a towbar. Man I am still salivating!!

I did spot the Direct TV blimp returning to Jacksonville from the Super Bowl over in Tampa.

I also got to spot a couple streets named for people I know:

for the pickle boy
for his uncle, johnjohn

and these two for the Kid's sister


But as I was driving around down in Lake Helen, Florida, about 25 minutes away from the Taj Mahal, I spotted this. Yeah I know, kinda boring, eh. I thought so too until I walked around the front.

Yeah, it is a 71 short camper made by Dodge and Open Road. less than 87,000 miles.

That dashboard is the same layout as in that old Dodge Pickup from the Halltown Haven Lee Farm.


Pretty Sweet old ride. The side door was open and I popped inside. In overall great shape with good glass, clean interior and functional layout.

Plus, it was only $1,000.00!!

But, alas, where would I park it?

And that is What I Saw Today!

2 comments:

Horse-farmer said...

Yeah yeah yeah,

but it is still a Dodge......

LOL

good luck, let me know if you find any 66 Broncs

The CDM said...

RV was made the same year I was born, nice. It does look like it was kept up with a bit. If I had extra cheese and a need for an RV, I'd take a serious look, mainly because it was from my same birth year.